As a Kent County resident, you and the 652,617 people living in your community know what issues are most important in your own backyards.
A quick look at the numbers in Kent County:
- The county’s school system serves 154,670 students.
- 12% of residents are over the age of 65.
- 6.01% of residents are uninsured.
- The median household income is $65,722 per year. 11.1% of residents are living in poverty.
These aren’t just abstract numbers, they represent real areas of concern that impact your lives. We need to elect the people who best represent your interests. The Michigan Democratic Party stands on our record of working for the people!
Whether you live in Rockford or Caledonia, we’re confident that the facts speak for themselves about which party is focused on Main Street over Wall Street. It’s time to reject all the polarizing divisive rhetoric and make tangible improvements to the lives of people living in Kent County.
We need leaders willing to invest locally and impact people right where they live. We don’t listen to the noise around Washington, we care about what the issues mean to us at home:
- INFRASTRUCTURE & ROADS: Making crucial improvements to M-37 to keep residents safe.
- VOTER SUPPRESSION: Protecting the voting rights of all people from Republican-backed bills that threaten your right to vote.
- HEALTHCARE: Passing legislation to help the 6.01% of people who are uninsured find affordable coverage.
- WOMEN’S HEALTH/REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS: Protecting the right to abortion for the 328,919 women living in Kent County.
- LABOR/WORKERS’ RIGHTS: Ensuring the right to organize for good wages and working conditions for all workers.
- EDUCATION: Allocating sufficient funds for the education of all 154,670 students, no matter their zip code.
- SENIOR RIGHTS: Ensuring that Social Security and Medicare benefits are protected for seniors (12% of population) in Kent County.
We Fight for Good Paying Jobs in Kent County! The Michigan Democratic Party is passionate about promoting a platform that creates a path for what today’s Middle Class should be!
Infrastructure & Roads
The Michigan Dems are tired of crappy roads and even worse excuses. We need to improve our infrastructure so that all Michiganders are safe on our roads.
Crime & Police Reform
The Michigan Democratic Party knows that we need to reform our policing system to make sure the lives of all Michiganders are treated equally under the law.
The Michigan Democratic Party understands that access to high speed internet is imperative to providing an equitable opportunity to everyone in Michigan.